The Logbook is a free feature that comes with Tenzo's Sales Module. It provides a way for any FOH or BOH operator with a Tenzo log in to share a written summary of the day with other Tenzo users of their business.
The Logbook can be accessed from any page of the Web App or through the Mobile App so that the user could add a new entry or to read previous ones. On the Web App, you are also able to search past entries based on the author the date range or a keyword.
From speaking with our customers here are their top recommendations for getting the maximum value of the Logbook feature in Tenzo:
- Create a template for the Logbook: This provides your team with a structure for their regular entries and helps prompt them with filling in their entries. We'd recommend starting with something basic such as "TEAM, FOOD, MAINTENANCE and AOB", then working with your team to iterate and improve this over time.
- Make completing a daily log part of your team's operating processes: Discuss with your team the value of the logbook and the benefits of having this centrally (rather than WhatsApp, etc.) and agree on the frequency that they will complete the logs. This could be for example, after each service or once at the end of the day.
- Encourage the team to use Logs more if they want to: There may be events that happen during the operating day, where the team want to share additional updates with you e.g. a challenge with delivery orders or a phenomenal bit of service feedback. Encouraging them to use the logbook to capture and share these means you'll all have access to a record of them in the future.
- Add logs to your automated daily reports: Your logs can be included on your daily emails each morning allowing you to read these alongside your revenue and other KPIs, providing a more rounded picture of the service from the previous day.
- Review trends and keywords on a regular basis: At your team meetings make it a regular practice to review the logs, share good examples of entries, discuss common trends from the entries and agree on any changes to the structure for the logbook template.
Here are some examples that you can use to start creating your own template!
Kindly note templates should be text only.
Once you have the template you want to use, please share it with your CSM or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to update this for you!
- Guests / Service:
- People / Staff:
- Facilities & Maintenance:
- Team Player of the day:
- Sales comments:
- Food wastage comments:
- Number of covers:
- PERFORMANCE: any highlights on what has driven performance (weather issue, cancellation, groups, takeaway vs dine-in, lunch vs. dinner etc)
- GUESTS: any guest event – VIP attendance, relevant guest feedback / issues, Health & Safety complaint
- STAFFING: highlight on team performance, attendance, resignation/termination/new join, health & safety issue (covid, quarantine status, work injury)
- MAINTENANCE: Sanitisation update, any R&M issues, follow-up on expected repair
- DISCOUNTS AND STOCK: relevant highlights regarding voids and discounts, inventory level and out of stock
- ACTION/FOLLOW UP/TO DO: