1. Permission Groups:
- Determine which menus a user should have access to. E.g. a permission group can dictate that a user should only see the overview page and be able to submit a log, but nothing else;
- Can restrict/fix the front-end settings (filters such as VAT, SC etc);
- Determines which V4 Dashboards users should have;
- A user can be a part of multiple permission groups.
2. Legacy Reporting Groups:
- Can have unique overview page cards;
- Determine the reports that a user will receive once they are added to the system; this will only work in the case that an email report is set as default for a Legacy Group and then a user is added to that group. If the user is created first and the email report is asked for later, customer needs to email email@example.com and request that we create a new subscription;
- A user can only be part of one Legacy Report group.
What type of group should I choose?
|I'd like custom email reports to be sent to the user||Legacy Group|
|I'd like the user to have fixed settings||Permission Group|
|I'd like the user to have a custom overview dashboard||Legacy Group|
|I'd like to give the user access only to some modules||Permission Group|
How can I customise groups for users in my business?
If you are an Administrator and you want to customise the access of your users, please send an email to your CSM or to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the specific needs of the groups you wish to create, and we will set this up for you!
#account #user #admin #customisation #customization